Okay, I have like posted the picture a long time ago in a galaxy faraway, umm no, I mean in flickr. Do people still posts on flickr what with instagram and everything? Well anyway, it's waaaaaaayyy long of an overdue so without further ado, here goes....
What you will need:
1. Fabric scraps
2. Felt fabric
4. Glue (I used UHU All Purpose Adhesive, glue-gun could also work well)
5. Safety Pins/ Flat-back pin thingies
STEP by STEP
- Cut your felt into a simple shape, it could be a circle, diamond, triangle, cube, star, hexagon, whatever
- Overlap the previous shape with scrap fabric and cut around it while adding about 1 -1.5 cm ( 0.4 - 0.6 inch). Or you could just wing it (like I did), but make sure it is foldable enough.
- Trim the corners if any to make it easier to fold. For roundish shape you might want to do a lot of small snips. See, toldya, make simple shape... Glue it around and fold.
- Cut another bit of felt, again following the previous shape. This will act as a frame while it enforces your pin. It's really up to you on the sizing and color.
- Cut another shape from felt, and make sure it will fit the pin. I like to do hearts. Slather them with glue, especially the corners. I hate when the back of my pin/badges fall off, and this way the pin stays put longer because you didn't glue the pin to fabric, but it glued fabric to fabric which makes it stronger.
- You could decorate some more by adding buttons or googly-eye. Enjoy your pin!
PS: I kinda hate the sizing on this tutorial, because usually all my posts (except the old ones) have a standardized width. But i kinda also want to make those looooong pinterest-y graphic. So yeah you cannot really have everything, can you?
I also took the photos for the tutorial using my camera-phone only (The future is now!). With crappy fluorescent lighting and actually doing it in my bed, so this post will be used as I reminder, if I ever get lazy (which happens a fucking lot) to document my process.